Discover the rural gastronomy of Southwest France, from foie gras to
Kate Hill has scouted these French backroads for over 20 years, meeting the butchers, bakers and armagnac-makers on their own home ground. An enthusiastic host and teacher, Kate shares her favorite farmers' markets in the most picturesque Gascon villages as well her well researched, easy and delicious authentic recipes as you cook and dine together around the convivial table at Relais de Camont.
Friday: Afternoon arrival in Agen by TGV from
Saturday: Cookbook author and cooking queen Kate Hill escorts you to the picturesque and bustling weekly farmers market at Nerac, a haven of artisan food producers in
Sunday: After a lazy morning over cafe-au-lait and fresh croissants, Cooking Class #2—'French Basix' is influenced by the potager and herb gardens at Camont- what’s fresh, in season and out the kitchen door. How to make fresh herb sauces for braised poultry using parsley, lovage, rosemary and thyme, elegant vinaigrettes for startling good salads and French soups, a potager primer creating simply elegant soups from fresh garden ingredients like shallots, watercress, and celery root. A long Sunday lunch awaits. Departure after lunch.
An optional Sunday night stay is available*.
This all-inclusive gourmet package for the Weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun- available year round) includes:
- Two nights accommodation at the Relais de Camont,
- two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners, including wine and beverages accompanying meals,
- 2 hands-on and demonstration cooking classes and
- market and shopping tour in Nerac or Agen
- Day 1: Welcome Dinner and accommodation
- Day 2: accommodation, breakfast, market visit,and lunch out. Evening cooking class #1, dinner, wine and armagnac tasting with cheese and dessert.
- Day 3: breakfast, cooking class #2 followed by Sunday lunch.
Price: 750€ (euro) per person based on double occupancy in a superior double room at the Relais de Camont. Single supplement 250€.
*Optional third night (Sunday) stay including buffet supper + 200€
Note: Does not include air fare or transportation to and from France and Camont exclusive of local transport for market shopping and outing. Pick up from train station is available by request.
For more of Kate Hill and her French Kitchen Adventures –– www.katehill.blogspot.com